BRIDGEWATER, Mass. - The Saint Joseph's College outdoor track & field teams kicked off the 2017 season with an appearance in the Bridgewater State University Invitational on Saturday. The event was of the non-scoring variety.
On the men's side, sophomore Marshall Berninghausen (Brasher Falls, N.Y.) obliterated his former team mark in the Hammer Throw by almost four meters with a 36.60-meter heave and junior Lucas Fisher (Strafford, N.H.) bested his former team record in the 5000-Meter Run by nearly 15 seconds with a 16:35.46 performance.
On the women's side, freshman Lillian Bisset (Jefferson, Maine) topped the former team 100-Meter Hurdles record with a 17.60 time and sophomore Makayla Norcross (Auburn, Maine), making her collegiate debut, set a new team record in the Triple Jump with a 9.52-meter effort.
THE RUNDOWN - MEN (RESULTS):
- Berninghausen was ninth in the Hammer Throw (36.60m) and 36th in the Discus Throw (23.60m)
- Sophomore Harrison DeCotis was 17th in the Hammer Throw (26.40m) and 29th in the Discus Throw (27.50m) and 37th in the Shot Put (8.77m)
- Sophomore Alex Gutierrez (York, Maine) finished 20th in the Hammer Throw (25.75m), 34th in the Javelin Throw (29.68m), and 45th in the Discus Throw (21.09m)
- Freshman David Tuttle placed 22nd in the Hammer Throw (19.10m) and 41st in the Shot Put (7.31m)
- Fisher was 24th in the 5000-Meter Run (16:35.46)
- Freshman Jacob Boissonnault (Biddeford, Maine) finished 35th in the 5000-Meter Run (18:05.08)
- Freshman Kevin McWilliams placed 44th in the 1500-Meter Run (4:44.26)
- Sophomore Joshua Hunter finished 53rd in the 100-Meter Dash (13.33) and 69th in the 200-Meter Dash (27.78)
THE RUNDOWN - WOMEN (RESULTS):
- Bisset placed seventh in the 100-Meter Hurdles (17.60) and 33rd in the 200-Meter Dash (28.86)
- Norcross placed 10th in the Triple Jump (9.52m), 15th in the Long Jump (3.97m) and 63rd in the 200-Meter Dash (31.11)
- Sophomore Kelsey Barrett (Gardiner, Maine) finished 14th in the 100-Meter Hurdles (18.97) and 61st in the 200-Meter Dash (30.92)
- Freshman Breeann Sautter (Lisbon, Maine) finished 19th in the 800-Meter Run (2:42.89)
- Senior Marisa Lundy (Merrimac, Mass.) placed 22nd in the 800-Meter Run (2:44.62)
- Sophomore Alysha Smith (Jaffrey, N.H.) was 22nd in the 200-Meter Dash (28.44)
- Freshman Jessica Ladd (Gilmanton, N.H.) was 25th in the Javelin Throw (20.80), 32nd in the Hammer Throw (10.45m) and 34th in the Discus Throw (19.03m)
- Freshman Marisa Quirion (Gardiner, Maine) was 27th in the 1500-Meter Run (5:33.05)
- Junior Kyrie Harnden (Wilton, Maine) was 31st in the 400-Meter Dash (1:14.16) and 65th in the 200-Meter Dash (31.51)
- Sophomore Michaela Dann (Hiram, Maine) finished 37th in the Shot Put (5.88m)
- The Monks' 4x100 Meter Relay finished eighth with a 55.59 time
Saint Joseph's College is Maine's only Catholic liberal arts college, providing a supportive, personalized and career-focused education for more than 100 years. From its 474-acre campus on the shores of Sebago Lake, the College offers more than 40 undergraduate programs to a population of approximately 1,000 students. Saint Joseph's College Online provides certificates, undergraduate and advanced degrees for working adults through an online learning program. For more, visit www.sjcme.edu.