BRIDGEWATER, Mass. - The Saint Joseph's College outdoor track & field teams kicked off the 2017 season with an appearance in the Bridgewater State University Invitational on Saturday. The event was of the non-scoring variety.
On the men's side, sophomore Marshall Berninghausen (Brasher Falls, N.Y.) obliterated his former team mark in the Hammer Throw by almost four meters with a 36.60-meter heave and junior Lucas Fisher (Strafford, N.H.) bested his former team record in the 5000-Meter Run by nearly 15 seconds with a 16:35.46 performance.
On the women's side, freshman Lillian Bisset (Jefferson, Maine) topped the former team 100-Meter Hurdles record with a 17.60 time and sophomore Makayla Norcross (Auburn, Maine), making her collegiate debut, set a new team record in the Triple Jump with a 9.52-meter effort.
THE RUNDOWN - WOMEN:
- Bisset placed seventh in the 100-Meter Hurdles (17.60) and 33rd in the 200-Meter Dash (28.86)
- Norcross placed 10th in the Triple Jump (9.52m), 15th in the Long Jump (3.97m) and 63rd in the 200-Meter Dash (31.11)
- Sophomore Kelsey Barrett (Gardiner, Maine) finished 14th in the 100-Meter Hurdles (18.97) and 61st in the 200-Meter Dash (30.92)
- Freshman Breeann Sautter (Lisbon, Maine) finished 19th in the 800-Meter Run (2:42.89)
- Senior Marisa Lundy (Merrimac, Mass.) placed 22nd in the 800-Meter Run (2:44.62)
- Sophomore Alysha Smith (Jaffrey, N.H.) was 22nd in the 200-Meter Dash (28.44)
- Freshman Jessica Ladd (Gilmanton, N.H.) was 25th in the Javelin Throw (20.80), 32nd in the Hammer Throw (10.45m) and 34th in the Discus Throw (19.03m)
- Freshman Marisa Quirion (Gardiner, Maine) was 27th in the 1500-Meter Run (5:33.05)
- Junior Kyrie Harnden (Wilton, Maine) was 31st in the 400-Meter Dash (1:14.16) and 65th in the 200-Meter Dash (31.51)
- Sophomore Michaela Dann (Hiram, Maine) finished 37th in the Shot Put (5.88m)
- The Monks' 4x100 Meter Relay finished eighth with a 55.59 time
THE RUNDOWN - MEN:
- Sophomore Joshua Hunter finished 53rd in the 100-Meter Dash (13.33) and 69th in the 200-Meter Dash (27.78)
- Freshman Kevin McWilliams placed 44th in the 1500-Meter Run (4:44.26)
- Fisher was 24th in the 5000-Meter Run (16:35.46)
- Freshman Jacob Boissonnault (Biddeford, Maine) finished 35th in the 5000-Meter Run (18:05.08)
- Sophomore Harrison DeCotis was 17th in the Hammer Throw (26.40m) and 29th in the Discus Throw (27.50m) and 37th in the Shot Put (8.77m)
- Freshman David Tuttle placed 22nd in the Hammer Throw (19.10m) and 41st in the Shot Put (7.31m)
- Berninghausen was ninth in the Hammer Throw (36.60m) and 36th in the Discus Throw (23.60m)
- Sophomore Alex Gutierrez (York, Maine) finished 20th in the Hammer Throw (25.75m), 34th in the Javelin Throw (29.68m), and 45th in the Discus Throw (21.09m)
Saint Joseph's College is Maine's only Catholic liberal arts college, providing a supportive, personalized and career-focused education for more than 100 years. From its 474-acre campus on the shores of Sebago Lake, the College offers more than 40 undergraduate programs to a population of approximately 1,000 students. Saint Joseph's College Online provides certificates, undergraduate and advanced degrees for working adults through an online learning program. For more, visit www.sjcme.edu.