BANGOR, Maine – The Saint Joseph's College swim team split versus Husson University this afternoon, as the men posted a convincing 124-64 victory and the women suffered a narrow 135-107 setback.
THE RUNDOWN – MEN
- Senior Alexander Gilvey (Windham, Maine), junior Ben Johnson (Belmont, Mass.), senior Andrew Merlino (Natick, Mass.), and freshman Madison Bodine (South China, Maine) won the 200-Medley relay with a 1:48.85 performance
- Gilvey topped the field in the 200-Free (1:58.80), 50-Back (29.11) and 100-Back (1:00.96)
- Freshman Zack Gryskwicz (Standish, Maine) – a mid-year transfer competing in his first NCAA swim meet – won the 500-Free (6:35.05), was second in the 50-Free (27.63), and third in the 200-Free (2:11.90)
- Johnson won the 50-Breast (30.98), 200-Breast (2:34.26), and 100-IM (1:00.40)
- Freshman Stephen Quinlan (Andover, Mass.) won the 100-Fly (1:04.04), finished second in the 50-Fly (28.75), and finished fourth in the 100-Free (59.47)
- Bodine placed second in the 100-Free (57.19)
- Merlino won the 50-Fly (26.50) and finished as the runner-up in the 100-IM (1:04.80)
- Bodine, Quinlan, Merlino, and Gryskwicz swam in the 200-Free relay and topped the field with a 1:41.11 performance
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN
- Freshman Julia Rowlett (Saco, Maine), senior Annie Fougere (Warner, N.H.), junior Lauren Prue (Glenburn, Maine), and senior Brooke Huberdeau (North Andover, Mass.) raced to a second-place finish in the 200-Medley relay (2:09.85)
- Junior Lauren Halvorsen (South Portland, Maine) cruised to victory in the 1650-Free with a 21:40.32 time, nearly three minutes faster than the runner-up, finished second in the 500-Free (6:23.21), and fourth in the 50-Free (32.11)
- Huberdeau won the 200-Free (2:16.47), 50-Free (1:04.43)
- Senior Allie Krasco (Melrose, Mass.) was the winner in the 50-Back (35.07) and 50-Fly (35.18) events and finished second in the 100-Back (1:16.22)
- Sophomore Leia Berube (Brewer, Maine) placed third in the 50-Back (37.36), 100-Free (1:10.90), and 100-IM (1:18.03)
- Fougere won the 200-Breast (2:52.30), placed second in the 50-Breast (36.47), and third in the 50-Free (31.43)
- Prue won the 100-IM (1:15.44) and was the runner-up in the 100-Fly (1:19.98) and 200-Breast (2:54.66) competitions
- Rowlett placed third in the 100-Fly (1:29.13)
- Krasco, Berube, Halvorsen, and Huberdeau raced to a runner-up finish in the 200-Free relay (2:06.76)
Saint Joseph's travels to Gordon College for a 1:00 PM start next Saturday.
Saint Joseph's College is Maine's only Catholic liberal arts college, providing a supportive, personalized and career-focused education for more than 100 years. From its 474-acre campus on the shores of Sebago Lake, the College offers more than 40 undergraduate programs to a population of approximately 1,000 students. Saint Joseph's College Online provides certificates, undergraduate and advanced degrees for working adults through an online learning program. For more, visit www.sjcme.edu.