SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The Saint Joseph's College men's and women's swim teams competed in a double-dual meet with Western Connecticut State at Western New England on Saturday. The women suffered a pair of setbacks, falling 136-98 to the Colonials and dropping a 155-90 decision to the Golden Bears, while the men fell to Western New England by a 121-84 margin.
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Junior Alexis Coiley (Fort Fairfield, Maine) won the 200-Free (2:17.66), placed second in the 500-Free (6:03.48) and third in the 100-Free (1:03.74)
- Freshman Alirose Beauregard (Dover, N.H.) won the 50-Free (26.99) and was third in the 100-Back (1:09.66)
- Junior Emily Roy (Sidney, Maine) was second in the 50-Back (33.83)
- Senior Julia Rowlett (Saco, Maine) placed third in the 50-Back (34.78)
- Junior Autumn Nostrom (Lyman, Maine) finished second in the 200-Breast (2:59.31) and third in the 50-Free (28.75)
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
- Senior Stephen Quinlan (Andover, Mass.) won the 50-Breast (31.02), 100-Breast (1:08.25), and 100-IM (1:00.47)
- Freshman Nathan Landry (Derry, N.H.) won the 100-Fly (1:00.03) and 50-Free (25.91) and placed second in the 50-Fly (26.70)
- Freshman Joseph Nichols (Tyngsborough, Mass.) placed second in the 400-IM (5:48.18), 50-Back (33.56) and 100-Back (1:09.99)
- Freshman Ryan Watson (Bangor, Maine) finished second in the 200-Free (2:01.09), 100-Free (57.99) and 500-Free (5:23.10)
- Nichols, Quinlan, Landry and Watson won the 200-medley relay with a 1:56.87 effort
Saint Joseph's will compete in the GNAC Championship at Simmons University this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.