STANDISH, Maine – The University of New England swept Saint Joseph's College with victories over the Monks' men's and women's swim teams at the Harold Alfond Center Pool on Friday evening. The men fell by a 116-56 score while the women suffered a 195-52 setback.
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
- Freshman Evan Whaley (Merrimack, N.H.) won the 100-Fly (58.34), 100-Free (52.39), and 50-Fly (27.34) events
- Sophomore Ryan Watson (Bangor, Maine) won the 1000-Free (11:49.58) and placed second in the 200-Free (2:09.21) and 500-Free (5:49.39) races
- Sophomore Joseph Nichols (Tyngsborough, Mass.) was second in the 50-Back (32.69), 100-Back (1:11.15), and 100-IM (1:14.37) events
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Senior Emily Roy (Sidney, Maine) finished second in the 50-Back (33.06) and 100-Back (1:10.80) races and was third in the 50-Fly (32.69)
- Senior Autumn Nostrom (Lyman, Maine) placed second in the 50-Breast (37.20)
- Sophomore Alirose Beauregard (Dover, N.H.) finished second in the 50-Free (27.15) and 100-Free (1:00.84)
- Sophomore Hannah Kibbin (Augusta, Maine) was third in the 50-Breast (40.14) and 100-Breast (1:27.19)
- Freshman Delaney Young (Woolwich, Maine) raced to a third-place finish in the 100-Fly (1:21.12) and 500-Free (6:40.38)
Saint Joseph's will compete at Elms College next Saturday.