MIDDLETOWN, Conn. - The Saint Joseph's College outdoor track & field program kicked off the 2015 spring season with an appearance in the Wesleyan University Spring Break Invitational on Saturday.
- Freshman Christien Morneweck (Burlington, Mass.) was the top finisher in the high jump (1.86m) and placed third with a team-record effort in the long jump (6.16m)
- Junior Billy Brooks (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) placed third in the 200-Meter (23.85) and 11th in the 400-Meter (54.77)
- Freshman Jamie Carlson (Jericho, Vt.) was fourth in the pole vault with a team-record 3.40m effort and also placed sixth in the shot put (10.66m) and 15th in the 60-Meter hurdles (10.24)
- Senior Faisal Abdillahi (Lewiston, Maine) finished fifth in the 800-Meter (2:07.10)
- Freshman Reid Duglenski (Waterbury, Conn.) placed 17th in the long jump (5.32m) and 40th in the 100-Meter (13:45)
- Junior Matthew DiBiase (South Portland, Maine) was 20th in the long jump (5.81m) and 44th in the 200-meter (27.60) and 100-Meter (13.74) events
- Junior Taidghe Hagan (Reading, Mass.) was 23rd in the 1500-Meter (4:41.42)
- Senior Robert Travers (Lebanon, Maine) placed 32nd in the shot put (7.32m) and 48th in the 100-Meter (20.74)
- Junior Daniel Oser (Mansfield, Mass.) was 46th in the 100-Meter (14.96) and 47th in the 200-Meter (29.88)
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Senior Amber Dostie (Standish, Maine) finished 11th in the 1500-Meter (5:13.67)
- Sophomore Gabby Lodge (Westbrook, Maine) was 21st in the long jump (3.73m), 27th in the 100-Meter (15.54) and 36th in the 200-Meter (32.06)
- Freshman Norma Waggett (Saugus, Mass.) placed third in the high jump with a team-record 1.45m performance and also finished 11th in the long jump (4.18m) and 30th in the 100-Meter (15.73)
- Sophomore Rachel Calden (Jay, Maine) was 19th in the long jump (3.87m), 32nd in the 100-Meter (15.80) and 41st in the 200-Meter (32.64)
Saint Joseph's College is Maine's only Catholic liberal arts college, providing a supportive, personalized and career-focused education for more than 100 years. From its 474-acre campus on the shores of Sebago Lake, the College offers more than 40 undergraduate programs to a population of approximately 1,000 students. Saint Joseph's College Online provides certificates, undergraduate and advanced degrees for working adults through an online learning program. For more, visit www.sjcme.edu.