LEWISTON, Maine - The Saint Joseph's College indoor track & field teams posted a pair of fifth-place finishes at Bates College on Saturday, as the men posted 43 points and the women notched 41 in what was the Monks' fourth event this season.
Senior Alysha Smith (Jaffrey, N.H.) broke the 60-meter dash record with an 8.38 time, good for second overall, and freshman Dorothy LeMoine (Swan's Island, Maine) topped the SJC shot put record with a distance of 9.83 meters and finished eighth in the event.
Two SJC women competed in the pentathlon on Friday evening, as senior Kelsey Barrett (Gardiner, Maine) placed third with 1,869 points and sophomore Marissa Hoffman (Harwood, Vt.) was fourth with 1,797 points. PENTATHLON RESULTS
On the men's side, sophomore Alex Fitzgerald (Lebanon, Maine) won the triple jump with a team-record 12.26-meter performance.
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
- Fitzgerald won the triple jump (12.26m) and finished sixth in the 400-meter dash (54.55)
- Sophomore Brandon Whitlock (Westbrook, Maine) was second in the 1000-meter run (2:54.59)
- Freshman Michael Brooks (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) finished third in the 1000-meter run (2:54.96) and eighth in the 1-mile run (4:53.08)
- Sophomore Lance Santeusanio (North Berwick, Maine) placed third in the high jump (1.85m) and ninth in the 400-meter dash (56.82)
- Senior Avery Liotta-Henderson (Waterbury, Conn.) placed fourth in the 1000-meter run (
- Sophomore Michael Mason (East Bridgewater, Mass.) was sixth in the 800-meter run (2:10.43)
- Freshman Troy Hendricks (Hiram, Maine) placed sixth in the 3000-meter run (9:40.78) and seventh in the 1-mile run (4:48.74)
- Sophomore William Blagys (Fairfield, Conn.) was seventh in the weight throw (12.60m)
- Senior Marshall Berninghausen (Brasher Falls, N.Y.) placed eighth in the weight throw (12.34m)
- Freshman Jacob Huberdeau (Plaistow, N.H.) finished eighth in the 5000-meter run (17:12.52)
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Smith finished second in the 60-meter dash (8.38) and sixth in the 200-meter dash (28.53)
- Junior Lillian Bisset (Jefferson, Maine) placed second in the 60-meter hurdles (10.34)
- Senior Sarah Curtin (Strafford, N.H.) was third in the 800-meter run (2:30.63)
- Sophomore Holly Moores (Rollinsford, N.H.) finished fourth in the 5000-meter run (21:20.78)
- Freshman Maelle Tati-Pamboy (Portland, Maine) was fourth in the long jump (4.59m)
- Freshman Samantha VanDeMoere (Thornton, N.H.) placed fifth in the 400-meter dash (1:04.95)
- Sophomore Meghan Glisson (Merrimack, N.H.) finished fifth in the 600-meter run (2:02.95)
- Freshman Julie Unczur (Danvers, Mass.) placed seventh in the long jump (3.40m)
- LeMoine finished eighth in the shot put (9.83)
- Freshman Kaylee Todisco (Wilmington, Mass.) was eighth in the 200-meter dash (28.57)
- Junior Marisa Quirion (Gardiner, Maine) placed eighth in the 3000-meter run (12:42.68)
The Monks are back in action at University of Southern Maine next Saturday at 11:00 AM.