STANDISH, Maine – Saint Joseph's College (4-3, 4-0 GNAC) raced past Albertus Magnus College (1-6, 1-4 GNAC), 17-6, in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) women's lacrosse contest at the SJC Athletics Complex on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
Seniors Kayla Kelly (York, Maine) and Kara Kelly (York, Maine) combined for eight goals while junior Maddy Beaulieu (West Gardiner, Maine), sophomore Josie Ring (Newfield, Maine) and sophomore Liz Callahan (Scarborough, Maine) contributed two goals apiece for the Monks as they cruised to a 17-6 victory over the Falcons
Saint Joseph's held the lead in shots (37-15), ground balls (23-18) and turnovers (21-14).
Junior Kaylin Mansir (West Gardiner, Maine) started for the Monks while tallying three saves on six shots during the first stanza.
Freshman Madelyn Nelson (Casco, Maine) added one save to finish the game for the Monks.
For Albertus Magnus, Lexie Fenn (Oakville, Conn.) tallied up six saves in just over 48 minutes of play while Grace Vestro (Waterbury, Conn.) made four stops on four shots to complete the game.
LEADERS – SAINT JOSEPH'S:
- Kayla Kelly contributed five goals on nine shots
- Kara Kelly struck with three goals throughout the contest
- Ring tallied two goals, two assists, two ground balls and a draw control
- Beaulieu netted two goals while dishing three assists and notching three balls
- Callahan compiled two goals, two caused turnovers, and a ground ball
LEADERS – ALBERTUS MAGNUS:
- Kaitlyn Ellsworth (Tolland, Conn.) recorded a hat trick
- Madison Neilander (Wallingford, Conn.) netted a pair of goals and ground balls, while counting up four draw controls
- Alexis Lape (Bristol, Conn.) contributed a goal and ground ball
Saint Joseph's is now 6-0 all-time versus Albertus Magnus College.
The Monks will travel to Simmons University on Wednesday, March 27th. The conference contest is slated to start at 7:00 PM.