STANDISH, Maine - The Saint Joseph's College swim teams hosted a double-dual with Husson University and University of New England at the Harold Alfond Center Pool on Saturday afternoon.
The SJC women suffered a one-point loss (130-29) to Husson and fell to UNE by a 165-91 score while the St. Joe's men defeated the Nor'easters, 98-83, and lost to the Eagles, 122-95.
In other head to head action, UNE defeated the Husson women by a 152-107 score and the Nor'easter men suffered a 138-72 loss at the hands of the Eagles.
On the women's side, four team records were broken as freshman Alirose Beauregard (Dover, N.H.) set new team marks in the 50-Free (26.49) and 100-Free (58.20) and first-year Emilienne English (Cranston, R.I.) broke the Monks' 100-Back (1:06.01) and 50-Back (30.01) top times.
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Junior Alexis Coiley (Fort Fairfield, Maine) placed third in the 1000-Free (12:44.61)
- Freshman Alirose Beauregard (Dover, N.H.) won the 200-Free (2:06.49) and 50-Free (26.49) events and placed second in the 100-Free (58.20), with team record times in the two latter races
- Freshman Emilienne English (Cranston, R.I.) broke the Monks' 50-Back (30.01) and 100-Back (1:06.01) records, placing first and second, respectively
- Junior Emily Roy (Sidney, Maine) was third in the 100-Fly (1:17.70)
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
- Freshman Ryan Watson (Bangor, Maine) won the 1000-Free (11:40.30) and placed second in the 500-Free (5:40.53)
- Senior Stephen Quinlan (Andover, Mass.) was first in the 100-Fly (31.14), 100-Breast (1:07.10), and 100-IM (1:00.29) events
- Senior Zack Gryskwicz (Standish, Maine) won the 100-Free (54.10) and placed third in the 200-Free (2:01.66)
- Freshman Nathan Landry (Derry, N.H.) won the 50-Fly (26.99) and finished second in the 50-Free (24.48)
- Gryskwicz, Landry, Watson and Joseph Nichols (Tyngsborough, Mass.) won the 200-Free relay with a 1:44.43 time
Saint Joseph's will host Regis College on Saturday at 12:00 PM.