DARTMOUTH, Mass. – The Saint Joseph's College men's and women's cross country teams posted 28th and 22nd place finishes at the UMass.-Dartmouth Invitational on Saturday. The men posted 772 points in the five mile race while the women registered 617 points in the 5K event.
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
WPI won the event with 61 points, just ahead of UMass Lowell (83) and Trinity (88) which saw senior Weyessa McAlister take home the individual championship after touring the course in 24:46 minutes.
FOR THE MONKS:
- Sophomore Troy Hendricks (Hiram, Maine) led Saint Joseph's with a time of 26:47 in his impressive performance and placed 49th overall
- Freshman Ricky Reyes (Worcester, Mass.) was 184th with a 30:16 effort
- Junior Michael Mason (East Bridgewater, Mass.) toured the five mile course in 30:48 and was 194th overall
- Junior Brandon Whitlock (Westbrook, Maine) was the fourth SJC runner to cross the line and placed 199th overall with a 30:58 performance
- Freshman Devin Abbot (Berwick, Maine) finished 210th overall with a 31:45 time
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
Holly Cross claimed the invitational title with 83 points, just nine ahead of runner-up Mount Holyoke, while Suffolk University senior Emily Manfra won the event with a 17:51 time, seven second ahead of runner-up Kialeigh Marston of Assumption.
FOR THE MONKS:
- Freshman Camilla Grosso (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) paced the Monks and placed 86th overall with a 20:35 time
- Freshman Kelsey Kennedy (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) was the second SJC runner to cross the finish line and was 104th with a 20:52 effort
- Junior Holly Moores (Rollinsford, N.H.) finished 139th after touring the 5K course in 21:23
- Sophomore Julia Heroux (Albion, R.I.) placed 166th with a 21:57 performance
- Sophomore Lauren Fisher (Hampton Falls, N.H.) rounded out the top five SJC runners with a 22:04 time and placed 173rd overall
Saint Joseph's will compete in the Maine State Championship Invitational at Waterville, Maine (Colby) on Oct. 6th.