BRUNSWICK, Maine – The Saint Joseph's College men's and women's cross country teams capped the 2019 season at the NCAA DIII New England Regional, hosted by Bowdoin College, on Saturday afternoon.
Both Saint Joseph's teams placed 34th, as the women registered 1,015 points and the men tallied 1,044 points.
Williams College swept the regional, as the Eph men totaled 24 points to run away with the crown over second-place Colby College (93) while the Williams women scored 64 points to edge MIT (84).
Williams' Aidan Ryan won the 8K race with a 24:51.6 time, leading six Ephs finishing in the top nine overall. MIT sophomore Izzi Gengaro won the women's 6K race with a 21:19.1 effort.
THE RUNDOWN – WOMEN:
- Freshman Kelsey Kennedy (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) finished 164th with a 24:27.8 time
- Senior Marisa Quirion (Gardiner, Maine) was 205th (25:06.3)
- Sophomore Lauren Fisher (Hampton Falls, N.H.) placed 213th (25:16.2)
- Junior Holly Moores (Rollinsford, N.H.) finished 229th (25:35.9)
- Freshman Camilla Grosso (Cape Elizabeth, Maine) was 232nd (25:38.3)
- Sophomore Julia Heroux (Albion, R.I.) placed 248th (26:02.0)
- Sophomore Carly Jordan (Turner, Maine) finished 298th (27:26.3)
THE RUNDOWN – MEN:
- Sophomore Troy Hendricks (Hiram, Maine) raced to a 91st place finish with a 26:41.2 performance
- Sophomore Jacob Huberdeau (Plaistow, N.H.) finished 206th (28:22.8)
- Freshman Ricky Reyes (Worcester, Mass.) placed 230th (28:46.7)
- Junior Michael Mason (East Bridgewater, Mass.) was 261st (29:16.7)
- Junior Brandon Whitlock (Westbrook, Maine) finished 294th (29:58.7)
- Senior Jacob Boissonnault (Biddeford, Maine) placed 310th (30:21.8)
- Freshman Devin Abbott (Berwick, Maine) was 318th (30:32.1)